Bout of Books 15 To Be Read
Hello lovely readers! It’s time for another readathon.
I am going to be participating in Bout of Books 15. The new year is upon us and I am ready to start reading! For those of you who don’t know what the Bout of Books read-a-thons are, you can find more information on their website here. But also here is a little information:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
As far as my TBR for this readathon, I don’t really want to set anything in stone. (I am typing this up a few days before it will go live on the blog, so I may have even read something I’m considering for the readathon.) I’m very much a mood reader, so if I don’t feel like reading any of these books or I really feel like reading a certain book, then that is the direction that I plan on taking. There is another readathon going on in the same week as Bout of Books, which is the TBR Takedown 3.0, hosted by Shannon from leaninglights on YouTube. I’m going to kind of participate in both, because I want to try and do some of the reading challenges that she set for her readathon.
- Read a non-novel item. – Saga Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I’m really excited to find out what happens next. Plus, graphic novels are great for readathons.
- Complete a series/Catch up on a series. – Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I’ve been wanting to catch up on this graphic novel series so that I will be ready to read the next volume when it comes out.
- Read a fire colored book. – Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I am currently reading this, and I hope to have it finished before the readathon; but I thought I would stick it on this list just in case. If I do finish it before the readathon, I will pick a different book for this challenge.
- Read a first book in a series. – Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I really want to read the entirety of the Lunar Chronicles in 2016, but it’s been awhile since I’ve read this first book, so I would like to reread it before I continue on with the series.
- Read a book from your most recent haul. – The Selection by Kiera Cass. I just really want to see what all the hubbub is about with this series. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people hate the main character. I’m curious to know where I will stand with this book.
- Read a book on your TBR shelf for over a year. – Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I’ve been meaning to read this book for as long as I can remember. There’s no better time than the present! Plus, it’s a short book with good sized font, so it’s perfect for a readathon.
- Read a book outside of your comfort zone. – Just One Year by Gayle Forman. I’m counting this book for this challenge because it’s the same story as the first book in this duology, only told from a different perspective. I’m always a little hesitant with these types of books because I don’t want to be reading the exact same thing over again, but I also really want to give this book a try. I read Just One Day a couple of years ago, and I’ve been wanting to finish the duology up. I have this on audiobook from Scribd, so I’m thinking I can listen to it while I cook and do other things like that.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – I will not be finishing this during the readathon, but I will be reading parts of it during the readathon because I am reading it for a buddy read with Day and Heidi.
Those are the books on the top of my TBR right now! I also got a ton of books for Christmas, so I could pick up any one of those because I’m really excited about all of them. I will more than likely be doing daily updates throughout this readathon, so keep an eye out for those.
Do you plan on participating in Bout of Books?