Rainbow Readathon and the Summer Biannual Bibliothon
Hello lovely readers! Today I’m going to be talking about two different readathons that are taking place back to back. The first readathon is the Rainbow Readathon and it is being hosted by the girls from the Carpe Librum book club. This readathon starts at midnight on the 15th of June and goes until 11:59 pm on the 21st of June. The goal of this readathon is to read a book for every color in the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. You can pick a book for each color and read six books or you can combine two colors up to two times and read only four books. I chose the latter because it will be a busy week for me. Honestly, I will be lucky to finish the four books during that week. But I am going to try my best. Here is my TBR:
1. Red – Paper Towns by John Green
This will probably be the last book that I read because it goes along with the second readathon too and the readathons overlap for a day.
2. Orange & Yellow – Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
I’m ready to have my heart broken. I’m ready. (I’m not.) This will be my first time rereading the book and I really would like to reread this and Mockingjay before the last movie comes out in November.
3. Blue & Green – The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
I’m really excited to finally get to this. This was one of my most anticipated books of the year because it just sounds so fantastic.
4. Purple – Angelfall by Susan Ee
I didn’t get to this during the last readathon and I really want to read it. I’ve heard amazing things about it.
The second readathon is the Summer Biannual Bibliothon. The announcement video for the readathon can be found here. This readathon starts at midnight on the last day of the Rainbow Readathon, the 21st of June and ends at 11:59 pm on the 27th of June. There are a set of seven challenges, which I may or may not follow. I have at least two books picked out that I plan to read that correlate with the challenges, but aside from that I’m not sure. I might take the chance to read some of the review books I have that I haven’t reviewed yet. I feel so incredibly guilty that I haven’t done that yet, and would love to get to it. I have three books picked out for sure, and we’ll see where it goes from there.
1. Paper Towns by John Green – This book goes along with the first challenge which is to read the group book. They picked Paper Towns because the movie is coming out. I picked it for the same reason, that and it’s about time that I read some more John Green.
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – This book goes along with the challenge to read a book from your childhood. It also goes along with my challenge for the year to reread the Harry Potter series. I need to get on that.
3. Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold – I’m going to try to read this before the readathon, but if I haven’t then I’m going to read it during the readathon. This could go to the challenge for a book you did not finish. I picked this up a few months ago and never finished it. It has nothing to do with the book and everything to do with the fact that my reading habits have been weird this year.
Are you planning to participate in either of these readathons? If so, what are you going to read?