Hey guys! Welcome back for another Top Ten list here on Caity Reads, with yours truly, Caity!
Let me start by saying that this list is not going to have just releases from 2014 on it. Some of these books may have been released a few years ago. I may do a separate list later on for just releases from 2014. I have not really decided yet. Without further ado, let’s get this list going!
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is a science fiction/dystopian trilogy that centers around a seventeen year old girl who’s touch is lethal. And it sounds like she’s been imprisoned for a little while. From the synopsis, it sounds like their world is pretty much going to (excuse my french) shit. There’s a lot of disease, hunger, and lots of death. I’ve heard so many amazing things about this book series and I’ve been wanting to read it pretty much since I first heard about it; which was around the time that I started making BookTube videos.
2. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. Now if I’m being completely honest here, I don’t know much about this book other than it’s a high fantasy series. The synopsis doesn’t give that much information on what it’s about but I’ve just heard so many great things about this not to be intrigued. I feel like I might end up repeating myself a lot throughout this list because most of these books are going to be books that I’ve heard about through BookTube. This book/book series/anything by Brandon Sanderson; I’ve been wanting to read pretty much anything by Brandon Sanderson for awhile now. I’ve heard so many great things about the Mistborn trilogy, but also about everything he’s written.
3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This is a young adult fantasy novel about a world that is being ruined by something called The Shadow Fold. This books sounds super interesting and I can’t wait to read it. And I will soon! I plan on reading this book this month. The third and final book came out last month, so I’m excited to get started on the Trilogy.
4. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I’m not even close to sure on how to summarize the synopsis for this book, so I’m not even going to attempt it. I tried to start this book a short while before my wedding, which was in June. And not to mention that being the completely wrong time to try and start this book, this book also is very intimidating to me. I’ve never read a high fantasy adult novel so I’m a little scared that a lot of it will go over my head. But I do really, really want to read this series.
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This book has gotten a lot of hype. I’ve heard some very mixed things about it, and until I saw the movie trailer I wasn’t dying to read it. But after the trailer came out, and it gave you a little more insight in to what the book is about, I’ve been really interested in reading it. I’ve heard it’s sad, but either way I need this book in my life.
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This is an adult novel about a man who reads through his company’s emails looking for employees who are sending emails that are not work related. He starts reading emails between two women who work for the company and through that he falls in love with one of them. Now even if I didn’t think this book sounds amazing, which I do. And even if I hadn’t heard such amazing things about it, which I have. I would still need this book in my life. (I actually really needed it like forever ago, but we’ll forget that small matter.)
7. The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. I’m not going to give you a synopsis for this book because it is the second book in a series! But ever since I read the first book from the series, The Demon King, a few months ago, I’ve been dying to get my hands on the second book in the series. I’ve decided that it’s a series I want to get in physical copy (I read the first book on my kindle) so I’ve been waiting till I can afford to get the box set.
8. The Archived by Victoria Schwab. This is a young adult novel about a girl who works in a place called The Archive, where they keep dead people. It’s her job to keep the dead from waking up. The dead people are called Histories and they are not supposed to be disturbed but someone is altering them. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about this series and about Victoria Schwab in general that I really, really want to read this book and it’s sequel! The premise sounds amazing.
9. Under the Dome by Stephen King. This book is about a town in Maine that one day all of the sudden, is surrounded by an invisible force field. I haven’t heard a lot about this book, but what I have heard is good. And it’s Stephen King and I hear nothing but good things about him, so of course I want to read it. I’ve never read a Stephen King novel and I’ve been wanting to read this one for a few years now. I recently got a copy and I am hoping to read it very soon!
10. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. This book is about a girl who is from a family that posses a time traveling gene. From what I understand all this time her family has been under the impression that her cousin would be the one to inherit the gene, when in fact it is Gwyneth who inherits it! I’ve actually never read a book about time travel and I have always wanted to. I’ve heard amazing things about this trilogy on BookTube and I can’t wait to dive into this!
So there it is! My list of the top ten books I’m dying to read. This was an extremely hard list to come up with. There are so many books that sound absolutely amazing and that I really want to read so choosing only ten was hard to do!
What books are you dying to read?